This role is based from home with occasional requirement to travel to central London based head-office as appropriate (depending on COVID-19 restrictions and work requirements)
£55,000 to £75,000 per annum
Closing date - 9th April 2021
Foundry4 - part of AIM listed services group The Panoply - provides end to end solutions including cloud and data platforms, intelligent automation and product engineering.
The Panoply has an exciting and strong pipeline of businesses that it is talking to about joining the group. Several of these provide complementary services to the existing Foundry4 propositions and would, if acquired, be likely to join Foundry4 upon acquisition.
With a permanent and contract workforce of more than 150 people, Foundry4 is designed to meet the demands of rapid growth - with scalability built-in - to enable continuing organic and acquisitive growth for many years to come.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join the leadership team of the businesses to help steer the company through this transition, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
While we adjust to all the changes that have taken place so far and plan for the changes yet to come the role will be very hands-on and will involve transactional tasks such as posting supplier invoices, reconciling bank accounts, raising sales invoices etc as well as the more high level value-added work.
This is a great opportunity to help design and build an accounts function that not only fulfills the business requirement today but that is scalable to meet the requirements of the future. The role will also focus increasingly on supporting the senior leadership team to make strategic decisions guided by the numbers.
You’ll work closely with finance colleagues in other group businesses and the central finance team to ensure that all finance activities across the group are delivered as efficiently as possible and in line with standards required for a listed company.
To begin with you will be accountable for:
- All finance transactions
- Maintaining and, where appropriate, developing systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances
- Working alongside the wider team to ensure the 12month rolling forecast is accurate and realistic
- Ensuring company accounts are in line with IFRS and group policy
- Managing group reporting requirements for financial and non-financial data in line with the Group timetable
- Working alongside finance to assist with the year end audit
- Attending the monthly board meetings to provide analysis and commentary on financial performance and risk
Over time you will be accountable for:
- Strategic financial leadership of the business as a Foundry4 board attendee and contributor.
- Ensuring the company has effective budgets, reports and forecasts in place to support business planning and operational management
- Raising commercial awareness within the business
- Proposing and undertaking improvement projects agreed by the board and the Group to optimise the company’s strategic and operational financial performance
- The company’s contribution to group-led due diligence processes for potential acquisitions
- The successful onboarding of financial processes and systems for newly acquired businesses
- Assessing risks, opportunities and business investment cases
- Key point of contact between the Group finance and the business
We’re looking for someone who is
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- An experienced finance professional with experience in managing significant growth within a business and associated changes required as part of being in a publicly listed Group
- Comfortable working at pace in a rapid growth business environment
- Able to demonstrate experience of the financial aspects of company acquisitions
Apply to become a Finance Manager at Foundry4
Upon submitting your application this page will reload; please scroll back down to this section for confirmation that your application has been successfully received.