This role is based from home and client site as appropriate (depending on COVID-19 restrictions and work requirements).
Closing date - 16th April 2021
Foundry4 - part of The Panoply Plc - was formed in October 2020 by bringing together four of the most innovative and successful technology companies in the group - Arthurly, Disruption, Not Binary and human+ - to create a collaborative, technology services company.
We are divisionally organised but work together to exploit an operating model that is light, and agile. Our divisions swarm around customers’ problems. At Foundry4 we support organisations to deliver transformative change with precision and pace. We help organisations deliver more by effectively harnessing the combined power of people and technology. Together we accelerate growth and deliver sustainable change.
Our immediate focus for growth is to broaden and promote our capabilities in product management, multi-cloud, automation, managed services and experience before the end of the current financial year.
Foundry 4 is creating a groundbreaking technology consulting business to deliver mission critical cloud technology and engineering solutions for our clients that enable greater adaptiveness in an uncertain world. To this end we are taking a blended delivery approach consisting of internal capabilities and partners, and we are presenting an opportunity for you to be part of something special.
We are looking for passionate software engineers who care about software quality and craftsmanship. We want people who have working knowledge of the latest trends and are able to select and adopt the right technology solutions. We are looking for people who are strong advocates of robust engineering practices and love learning new skills.
As Principal Engineer you will work with our clients and specialist teams to consult and deliver mission-critical, deep technical solutions across the enterprise. You will promote the highest quality engineering practices, taking a lead role to deliver innovative technical solutions to bring about business change and helping to drive the agile refinement practices we believe to be the basis of efficient delivery.
- As a polyglot engineer, lead and work on enterprise scale, custom, multi-tier services using multiple languages such as .Net Core, Node, Python and Java
- Lead on software quality, drive the technical vision, and ensure customers are satisfied
- Champion agile principles and practices; and setup and enforce CI/CD pipelines
- Build and nurture excellent relationships with the wider business
- Facilitate problem solving and work with the team to deliver solutions
- Work in an ambitious and dynamic team embracing the latest approaches and technologies
- Support the set up and leadership of our own engineering expertise, culture, and delivery capabilities
- Be a key, senior lead in our high-performing internal engineering capability
- Help our clients modernise their architecture and core technologies
- Consult on engineering good practice and quality standards
- Take a lead technical role on the delivery of new architecture solutions and products
- As a coach and mentor, encourage and support engineers to grow and achieve high-quality engineering standards and make a positive difference to the team and culture
- Contribute to our insights and subject matter expertise offerings
Skills and abilities
- Hands-on development experience with a broad range of languages, frameworks, and technologies,
- A technology and platform agnostic perspective
- Passionate about robust software engineering practice and craftsmanship
- A proven track record with OO programming, including design patterns and integration at an enterprise level
- Experience with Agile, CD approaches and industry good practice such as CI, TDD, and BDD etc.
- Working knowledge of clean code approaches such as refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, and encapsulation
- Experience working in a progressive and innovative environment
- Ability to work in a variety of collaborative team environments
- Broad and deep enterprise engineering expertise
- Strong track record delivering enterprise solutions on Azure and / or other cloud providers
- Working knowledge of serverless capabilities
Apply to become a Principal Engineer at Foundry4
Upon submitting your application this page will reload; please scroll back down to this section for confirmation that your application has been successfully received.